Tuesday 14 February 2012

The Begining


First 24week Scan

Being a mum is hard work. Being a single mum is even harder work. I'm 18 and I found out I was pregnant on July the first 2011, I was 24 weeks pregnant and didn't even know. That day changed my life forever. I had a hard decision to make, I become a mum or I give my baby up for adoption, no matter what I decided it was going to be hard, very hard emotionally and physically. I was going to have a baby in 3 months time.

All year I had been feeling unwell, as well as being very underweight. I was getting migraines, dizzy spells and blurry vision. I pretty much lived at my doctors office. On July the first the doctor listened to my tummy, checking something and that was when he said the words that changed my life forever, "Nope, there's definitely a baby in there."

The next three months were a blur of appointments, blood tests, hard decisions, and people's opinions. My due date (labour weekend) came and went. I was booked in for a scan to check that everything was okay, if it was I would be induced a week later (They don't like you going over two weeks overdue). My scan turned out to be very scary, I was told i had to go straight to the hospital as there wasn't much fluid surrounding baby.

At hospital not a lot happened so we went home to get my stuff and ring and tell everyone. I was induced the next afternoon and that's when everything started happening, The birth was very hard and traumatic (probably payback for such an easy pregnancy) but in the end my baby girl was born at 12:04am on the 29th October 2011, 7 pounds 5 ounces. The moment I saw her I knew there was no way I could give her up, she is mine, my beautiful little treasure. Savarnah Donna Lavin.

1 comment:

  1. I love the post girl!
    Thank you for following my blog!
    I am now following yours as well and I look forwards to reading more!

    xxx Jessica

    ReplyDelete