Saturday 18 February 2012

History


Sitting here watching "The Other Boleyn Girl," a time in history that I am currently studying, the Elizabethan times. A scary, horrible, and tricky time. How anyone survived and lived happily through those times is beyond me. No painkillers or advanced medicine for birth, fractures or wounds, no contraception, no painless death, and fear of a king who can do whatever he pleases. 

But the one thing that is getting to me in this movie is the disappointment of mother's high in court when they give birth to a baby girl, it breaks my heart that after giving birth to a precious sweet girl you get a look of complete disappointment rather than love and joy. How can a mother not feel love and happiness towards their newborn baby, that your status to the world is ever more important.

I am ever greatful that these days women are largely considered equal to men and mostly given equal oppertunities ( Not quite full equality yet). And I am also very greatfull that I was not born in those times, it seems like hell, probably because all I know is the present which is much much different.


Something to think about.... What would it be like if thngs were still like that today ?

xx Goodnight beautiful people xx

No comments:

Post a Comment